Hikvision South Africa
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. is a partially state-owned manufacturer and supplier of video surveillance equipment, headquartered in Hangzhou, China. Its controlling shares are owned by the Chinese government. Hikvision was founded in 2001 by Zhejiang HIK Information Technology Co., Ltd. with the company having a 51% stake and Gong Hongjia a 49% stake.
Hikvision made products for the video surveillance market. It devotes 8% of its annual revenue to research and development, with 26,330 employees, of which 13,085 are engineers by the end of 2017. Shop for the best Hikvision South Africa products in our online store.
Hikvision has been listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange since 2010. The company provides surveillance products to the global market via more than "2,400 partners in 155 countries and regions” and has its presence in 18 locations around the world.
In October 2016, the company concluded a deal to use Movidius' computer vision technology.
Hikvision South Africa Case Studies
Hikvision Pens Article Analyzing Why New Analog HD is Good Bet for Casino Operators
“While 'upgrading' to analog may sound counterintuitive, new analog HD systems are high performing, affordable, and they provide exceptional images and storage capabilities uniquely suited to the requirements of casinos. They can be installed relatively easily, require minimal downtime, and have features that enable casino owners to meet complex and diverse regulatory requirements,”
Hikvision Surveillance System Secures Senegalese Airport
In the Hikvision case study, Kevin Zhu, general manager of CST Securite said: “Having used their products many times before on other high-profile projects, we had no doubt that the choice of Hikvision surveillance products would provide the customer with an efficient, and reliable intelligent surveillance solution. We can confirm the good reputation of Hikvision products’ quality is backed by an equally good experience from their after-sales service.”
Hikvision Europe Secures Water Park in Italy
A surveillance system provided by Hikvision Europe helped secure Acquapark Onda Blu in Tortoreto, Italy, a water park with more than one million square feet of attractions.
Acquapark Onda Blu previously had an analog security system with only five cameras to cover the entire park. Italy-based Hikvision integrator Marco De Nicolais began with system upgrades to the existing cabling and data transportation infrastructure. The integrator installed 32 Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 bullet security cameras to monitor the water slides, corridors leading to and from the water attractions, and entry/exit areas for the river.
What are the Benefits of Hikvision?
The Hikvision IP camera lenses have a wider coverage, so whilst they are more expensive than standard CCTV cameras, you will need to purchase less of them to cover the same area.
Most Hikvision IP CCTV systems arrive inbuilt with analytics ability, meaning you don’t have to make an extra investment in analytics software.
Often in the case of Hikvision IP cameras, a better resolution of image can be obtained due to the greater amount of megapixels. This also allows you superior clarity when zooming in on your pre-recorded footage.
- Easy to use
If you’re not very tech-savvy, Hikvision cameras could be ideal for you as they are easy to use and understand.
Hikvision systems are expandable, which is useful for the future. If you can only afford a certain number of cameras at the beginning, you will always have the option to include new cameras should your business ever expand or require extra security.
- Simple installation
Generally, products from Hikvision are simple to install, meaning your new security system can be up and running in no time at all.
Is Hikvision safe?
As the largest manufacturer of surveillance equipment on the planet, Hikvision's security credentials have justifiably come under a lot of scrutiny. Some of the stories being posted, however – unsurprisingly by blogs linked to their American competitors – seem to be just be unjustified paranoia.
How can I prevent my Hikvison Camera from being hacked?
Change your password from default!
The first thing you would ever need to do is change your password after setting up your camera. The reason for this is because all Hikvision systems’ passwords are by default “12345”, which means anyone would be able to access it if you do not change it. We have shared a wat to do so further in this article. Changing default passwords for a new security camera system should be a no-brainer in this day and age. So, the lesson here is to not overlook the small details. All the firewalls and hardened network protocols in the world won’t help if an unauthorized user can simply log in with a commonly used or factory-set password to gain remote access to indoor outdoor surveillance.
An Internet Protocol camera, or IP camera, is a type of digital video camera that receives control data and sends image data via the Internet. They are commonly used for surveillance but unlike analog closed-circuit television cameras, they require no local recording device, only a local area network.
Analog cameras capture images by exposing photographic film to light, with the scene in front of the lens being reproduced onto the material thanks to the chemical reaction between the silver halides and the light itself. The film is then developed in a darkroom and turned into an actual photographic print.
Are Hikvision cameras any good?
The Hikvision is considered tops in its class but there are a few contenders out there that come very close to possibly dethroning the Hikvision DS-2CD2032. It is hard to beat the little bullet for quality performance it is easily one of the most reliable bullet cameras on the market.
What is analogue CCTV camera?
An analogue camera is a traditional camera used in CCTV systems. It sends video over cable to VCRs or DVRs. IP cameras are all digital cameras that can send signals over cable to be stored in the network. Many security camera systems today are hybrid systems incorporating both analogue and digital components.
Hikvision cameras default password?
Which is the best Hikvision camera for home?
DS-2CD2135FWD-I - 3 MP Ultra-Low Light Outdoor Network Dome Camera
Hikvision’s DS-2CD2135FWD-I provides important new technology for any security application. The H.265+ codec assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The DarkFighter Ultra-Low Light technology allows for use in the most demanding lighting conditions.
- Up to 3 MP High Resolution
- Full 2048 × 1536 @30 fps
- 2.8 mm / 4 mm / 6 mm / 8 mm Fixed Lens Options
- Ultra-Low Light, 0.008 lux, DarkFighter Technology
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120 dB Wide Dynamic Range
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction
- 12 VDC & PoE (802.3af)
- EXIR 2.0 with up to 100 ft (30 m) IR range
- MicroSD card slot supports up to 128 GB
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- 3-Axis Adjustment
DS-2CD2635FWD-IZS - 3 MP Ultra-Low Light Network Bullet Camera
Hikvision’s DS-2CD2635FWD-IZS provides important new technology for any security application. The H.265+ codec assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The DarkFighter Ultra-Low Light technology allows for use in the most demanding lighting conditions. EXIR 2.0 technology enhances night time performance.
- 1/2.8" (2 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- Up to 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 60 fps
- Minimum Illumination:
Color: 0.0068 lux @ (f/1.4, AGC on), 0 lux with IR
- Darkfighter Technology
- Up to 165 ft (50 m) EXIR 2.0 Range
- 2.8 mm to 12 mm Motorized Varifocal Lens
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120dB True WDR
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
DS-2CD2555FWD-I(W)(S) - 5 MP EXIR Fixed Mini Dome Network Camera
- High quality imaging with 5 MP resolution
- Efficient H.265+ compression technology
- Clear imaging against strong back light due to 120 dB true WDR technology
- -W: Wi-Fi connection
- -S: build-in microphone, audio and alarm interface available
- Water and dust resistant (IP66) and vandal proof (IK08)
- Mini size suitable for limited space
DS-2CD2085FWD-I - 8 MP(4K) IR Fixed Bullet Network Camera
- Up to 8 megapixel high resolution
- Max. 3840 × 2160 @20fps
- 2.8 mm/4 mm/6 mm fixed lens, optional
- H.265, H.265+, H.264+, H.264
- 120dB WDR
- Powered by Darkfighter
- 12 VDC & PoE (802.3af, class 3)
- IR range: Up to 30 m
- Support on-board storage, up to 128 GB
- IP67, IK10
- BLC/3D DNR/ROI
- Color: 0.008 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON), 0.014 Lux @ (F1.6, AGC ON)
DS-2DE5232IW-AE - 5-inch 2 MP 32X Powered by DarkFighter IR Network Speed Dome
- High quality imaging with 2 MP resolution
- Excellent low-light performance via powered-by-DarkFighter technology
- Clear imaging against strong back lighting due to 120 dB WDR technology
- Pan and tilt ability enables camera to monitor zones of interest
- 32x optical zoom allows for closer viewing of subjects in expansive areas
- Up to 150m IR range ensures safety at night
- Water and dust resistant (IP66).
What is the difference between the hikvision normal series vs Eco Series CCTV camera?
Eco Series CCTV Cameras are best & specially designed for video surveillance. They are capable to record 24*7 without degrading the quality of the image. Eco series means simply video monitoring and recording.
A digital video recorder is an electronic device that records video in a digital format to a disk drive, USB flash drive, SD memory card, SSD or other local or networked mass storage device.
What is default password for Hikvision DVR?
How can I connect my Hikvision DVR online?
- Connect a monitor and a mouse to the Hikvision DVR
- Open the DVR Main Menu
- Click on Configuration
- Configure the IP, Subnet Mask and Gateway
- Open a Web Browser and insert the DVR IP
- After following those steps you will be able to have local access to the cameras that are connected to the DVR, you just need to make sure your laptop is physically connected to the network.
How do I connect my Hikvision DVR to my phone?
- Start by installing the mobile ag – iVMS-4500 on your phone.
- Open the iVMS-4500 App and click on the button to open the left menu and then click on the button Hik-Connect.
- If this is the first time you are using the App, you will have to create an account, in the following window just click on "Register HIk-Connect".
- Check your email inbox to get the verification code sent by Hikvision.
- Enter the verification code, click the next button and create a password.
- Open the iVMS-4500 App and click the add (+) button.
- The App opens the camera to scan the QR code that is located in your DVR.
- The next window asks for the verification code located in your DVR.
- After entering the verification code, the App shows the DVR connected. Just click the "Live View" button to see the image from the DVR.
How do I connect my Hikvision DVR to my phone?
To reset password of your CCTV DVR press and hold the ENTER button for 15 to 30 second until the DVR restart's. After the restart you DVR default wizard will come up the same way like if you are setting up the DVR for the first time.
What software does hikvision use?
Free Client Software for Hikvision Devices. The Windows-based iVMS-4200 is a versatile client software application for Hikvision video surveillance, access control and video intercom systems.
How can I get hikvision password?
Connect the device to local network and run SADP software to search online devices. Once it has been discovered, select the device and click “Forget Password”. It will pop-up a dialog, you need to enter security code to restore default password. After input security code, hit “confirm” to restore password.
Closed-circuit television, also known as video surveillance, is the use of video cameras to transmit a signal to a specific place, on a limited set of monitors.
What is CCTV used for?
CCTV (closed-circuit television) is a TV system in which signals are not publicly distributed but are monitored, primarily for surveillance and security purposes. CCTV relies on strategic placement of cameras, and observation of the camera's input on monitors somewhere.
How many days can CCTV store?
On average, the security camera footage will be stored about 30 – 90 days in hotels, stores or supermarkets, and the above places, etc. Banks generally keep ATM security camera videos for 6 months in accordance with the banking industry standard. But it may also vary among different banks and the countries you are in.
What is Hikvision 8 channel kit?
This would typically be a kit with one DVR with 8 channels and 8 cameras, a power supply and cabling. These are very common in small business or home security camera systems.
How long is my warranty on my Hikvision products?
All Hikvision cameras and recording device (NVR's/DVR's) Intercoms and Access Control are covered by a 3 year back-to-base manufacturer warranty.