What is needed for an installation?
- 23 Apr, 2020
Brackets are used to position poles / wireless equipment to have direct line of sight to a high site.
- Square Wall Mount Brackets
- Tripod Brackets
- Flush Mount Bracket
- Cross Over Brackets
- Parallel Light duty Brackets
- Non-Pen bracket
- Economy Mast Bracket
Cable trunking is used to protect cables from damage and to hide unsightly cables from view. ... Trunking is usually square or rectangular in shape, whilst providing easy access to the cable when needed via a hinge or slide system.
What is trunking used for?
Trunking is a cable management system used to neaten installations that contains wires and/or cables. These systems are most often used in larger electrical panels of one sort or another.
What is floor cable trunking?
Flood trunking is normally a half moon shape and is a cable tidy device used to organised cables which would otherwise be running loosely around floors and walls, causing an untidy view and a possible tripping hazard. ... The robust trunking also serves as a protector from cables being damaged by falling object or being trodden on.
Electrical conduit is a tube used to protect and route electrical wiring in a building
- Conduit pipes are used for electrical purpose, they protects the electrical and optical fibres and cables from the external environment.
- Conduit Coupling are used to connect runs of conduittogether or to connect conduit to electrical devices
- Conduit saddles are used neaten installations and mount the pipes a wall.
- 50mm Aluminium Poles & 38mm Aluminium Poles are light weight and does not rust so it is ideal for costal installations.
- Galvanized 50mm Poles are stronger and heavier they are prone to rust so ideal for inner city installations away from salt water.
A cable tie is a type of fastener used for holding items together, most commonly electrical cables or wires. Standard cable ties are usually made from nylon grade 6.6 and are used to bundle items. Functioning like straps to keep cables tidy, they're available in a range of sizes from small to large.
What is the use of cable ties?
Standard cable ties are commonly fabricated from nylon grade 6.6 and are used to harness and bundle items, usually wires. Functioning like straps, cable ties are available in miniature sizes for holding small loads and are also fabricated in long lengths and strong tensile strengths for large items or bundles. Installers normally use them to fasten the network cable to the pole to neaten the installations. Switchcom currently stock cable ties in the below sizes
Punch Down Tool - A punch down tool, also called a IDC tool or a krone tool, a small hand tool used by telecommunication and network technicians. It is used for inserting wire into insulation-displacement connectors on punch down blocks, patch panels, keystone modules, and surface mount boxes.
Crimping Tool - A crimping tool is a device used to conjoin two pieces of metal by deforming one or both in a way that causes them to hold each other. The result of the tool's work is called a crimp. A good example of crimping is the process of affixing a RJ45 connector to the end of a cable creating a flylead to connect into a telephone, PC Tower or switch allowing date to be transferred between devise through the network cable.
Cutter - In the context of machining, a cutting tool or cutter is any tool that is used to remove some material from the work piece by means of shear deformation. Cutting may be accomplished by single-point or multipoint tools. Single-point tools are used in turning, shaping, planning and similar operations, and remove material by means of one cutting edge. Milling and drilling tools are often multipoint tools. It is a body having teeth or cutting edges on it. Grinding tools are also multipoint tools. Each grain of abrasive functions as a microscopic single-point cutting edge (although of high negative rake angle), and shears a tiny chip
Pliers - Pliers are a hand tool used to hold objects firmly, possibly developed from tongs used to handle hot metal in Bronze Age Europe. They are also useful for bending and compressing a wide range of materials.
Network Testers - Network Cable Tester. Network Cable Tester is a device designed to measure and test existing LAN connection. LAN Testers are a must-have piece of equipment for every network installer as it help them to identify which cable is faulty to that it can be repaired / replaced.
Coach Screws And Plugs - These Coach Screws and Plugs are suitable for use with all tri-pod brackets.
Glue Gun - is a glue gun that will melt most glue sticks. To keep routers, POE boxes together in installation
Krone Tool - terminates and trims wires with one punch. It's the only tool you'll need to add, change or remove Krone connections.
Cable Stripper tool - is designed to reduce the time required to prepare both coaxial and twisted-pair cable for termination.
The tool includes an adjustable cutting blade, which is specifically designed to accurately strip the jacket from a 4-pair cable without damaging the conductors.
UTP Cable Tester - A cable tester is a device that is used to test the strength and connectivity of a particular type of cable or other wired assemblies. ... Because so many different types of data can be transmitted over a network cable, it is important that the network cable connects properly between the computer and server.
Features – Switchcom UTP Cable Tester:
- Tests shielded (STP) or unshielded (UTP) LAN cables
- Test shields in 1394 and USB cables
- Ergonomic portable handheld design
- Tests installed wires and patch cables
- Remote unit stores in Main unit
- 600 ft test distance (RJ-45/RJ-11/BNC)
- Simple one button test
- Convenient battery access
- Built in battery access
- LEDs indicate connections and faults
- Beeper provides audible annunciation of test results
Earth Resistance OHM Reader :
- New robust design
- Large display
- Taut band movement
- 2 & 3 Wire tester
Multi-Purpose Tone & Probe Kit - This Multi-function Network Cable Line Tester & Tracker is designed to identify and trace wires or cables within a group without damaging the insulation. For telephone lines, it can identify the state of the line, it is very convenient for use in telephone line installation, debugging and maintenance. It really is a professional & safe tool.
Network installation tools:
Each network tool kit provides essential tools such as a RJ45 Cat 5 crimper, wire stripper, circuit tester, a tone and probe, 66/110 punch down tool, cable adapters, a variety of fastening tools - and more.
What is the purpose of networking tools?
The purpose of networking tools is to allow easier troubleshooting, administering and fixing a network by providing effective support through suites of software or functions.
Pole mounting brackets
- Square Wall Mount Brackets are best used for installation where there is an overhang (roof) they help reduce wind movement. We currently stock 250m, 550m, 600, and 1000m size Square mount brackets.
- Tripod Brackets are 3 legged brackets mounted against the wall, they are also best used when there is a overhand (Roof) and recommended to us 2 per installation depending on the length of the pole. Switchcom currently stocks 10cm, 25cm and 47cm size tripod brackets.
- Flush Mount Bracket, can be used for applications that require a rock steady installation. It is made from galvanized steel which prevents rusting.
- Cross Over Brackets – are best used when poles need to be installations on corrugated surfaces.
- Parallel Light duty Brackets are ideal for flat walls were there is no overhang, 2 per installation is best.
- Non Pen bracket, is a 2m pole brackets best used for installations we wall mount brackets can not be used and on a flat surface like a roof.
- Goose Neck Bracket - Ideal solution for traditional fittings.
- Wall Brackets - wall bracket - a support projecting from a wall (as to hold a shelf) bracket. angle iron, angle bracket - an L-shaped metal bracket.
- Butyl Tape, is a putty tape used to waterproof installations where the devices / radio is connected to a antenna so that water does not seep in, its is very stick and super strong when dried
- Nitto Tape - PVC electrical Tape ideal for holding cables to lighting bars and/or electrical work
- Ubolts are in the shape of the letter U with screw threads on both ends. U-bolts have primarily been used to support poles to brackets
- Rawl Bolts are anchor bolts are used primarily to install structures to concrete, brick, block and stone, switchcom stock M8 and M10 size rawls bolts ideal for installation requirements
- Cage Nuts – are used on a cabinet that has square mounting holes. You would use a cage nut when you need to mount a shelf in your cabinet that requires a threaded hole, Switchcom currently stocks a M6 square nuts
- Coach Screws - is a heavy-duty screw which has a square or hexagonal head and an externally threaded cylindrical shaft that tapers to a point at the tip. They are primarily used for mounting bracket to any surface.
- Crosby clamp, play an important role in the installation and maintenance of cablesystems, they secure electrical wire.
- Knock-in Speed Plugs 6x35 - used for securing medium to light weight fixings in concrete, concrete blocks, full and half brick surfaces.
Wireless Networking equipment
Poynting Antennas, a leading manufacturer and supplier of WLAN antenna products in SA.
LTE external antenna
Ideal for locations that you wish to further improve the stability or power of an existing 4G LTE/3G reception, and you do not need to worry about regulations e.g body corporate etc. This antenna offers a wide range of mountings whether it mounted on the wall outside with brackets or even on a mounted pole.